Monday 30 January 2012

My Abusive Relationship

"Phew... That was close..." 
"It could have been worse" 
"It will get better..." 
"He really didn't mean to do that... "
"He really didn't mean to hurt me.. "
"He MUST love me..."
"He must be doing it for my own good..."
"In the future, he will come to appreciate all the sacrifices I am making for him..."
"He will understand"
"Can't he see that I love him?"
"I must have brought this on myself"
"Where did I go wrong?"


That's the sentiment when you are in an abusive relationship.


With every close call with death...
With every slap ...
With every kick in the gut...
With every kick in the groin...
With every disrespectful nuance...
With every abandoned dream...


My questions are;


Will it get better?
Or are you just living in a dream?
Chances are, it may NEVER get better..
Abusive people and organisations alike are only interested in; 
"Making you suffer!"
"Using torture to subdue you"
"Terrorising you"
"Impoverishing you"
"Leaving you with scars" 


You know what they say; 'Opportunity knocks, but never twice.'


Take the opportunity NOW! 


Leave that abusive relationship while you have breath.


"Perfect Love casteth out fear"


Take a leap of faith.


Then, and ONLY then, will it be Well.


Love you!

3 comments:

  1. Waooooooo, dis is Educating u kno. Beatiful lecture, very enouraging, nice one my sis. gloria. Make haste they say wen u are still full of life, & luk up 4a better 2moro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx Confidence. It's now ALL in God's hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm!!!!Hoping someone who really needs to breakaway is able to do so before they become another addition to the ever growing number of death through abusive spouse/partner

    ReplyDelete